As summer approaches and things begin to reopen in NC, we know that parents are eager to know what lies ahead for their children who are enrolled in summer camps. We are working diligently to learn more about the guidance that comes with welcoming children back to our campus. While we hope to begin camps June 15, we will only do so if we are able to do it safely and effectively. For this reason, we have decided to hold off on processing camp fees until after May 22nd, when Phase 1 of reopening ends and we are able to have a clearer look at what life in Phase 2 will look like (and if, in fact, we are able to move past Phase 1).
We will provide updates for all parents who have children currently enrolled in summer camps as they become available. Some things we are considering as we talk about reopening are:
*ability of young children to practice social distancing
*logistics of face masks
*logistics of pick up and drop-off; medical screening
*sanitizing and disinfection procedures
*communal spaces and activities
*parent presence on campus
*group size and interaction between groups
*safe water play
While we are eager to have children return to The Garden, we want parents to know that we are taking all factors into consideration very carefully and will not rush to make these decisions. We want to know for sure that camp remains both safe and fun for everyone involved. Please feel free to reach out if you have concerns or questions about reopening, we’re happy to share any information we have.